Tuesday, December 12, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 58

Tuesday, December 12, 2023 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 12 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

Another cool morning; I wore both a fleece & my vest for my 46°F morning walk. The clouds cleared by mid afternoon, and it warmed up to the high 60's. I even sat outside for most of the afternoon. I finished The Devil's Choice, and started Dead Man's Ransom, Cadfael #9. I did make a fast trip to Walmart & Safeway, picking up a store baked meatloaf for the next couple of main meals. A short line at both. 

I had linner or lupper (depending on what you call combined lunch & dinner) around 2:00 - Safeway meatloaf & a mix of fresh broccoli & cauliflower. I discovered that my propane detector thinks the fumes from microwaving broccoli & cauliflower are propane. It went off, and for the next hour would go off each time I restarted it. I even vacuumed it, which sometimes helps. Now, 3 hours later, it reset OK. 

I ordered a replacement anyway since mine is 6 years old and seems to be getting more sensitive to false alarms. The new one will also do CO, although I have a battery operated CO detector, one with a digital readout which is useful to see the CO generated by cooking with the gas stove. If I don't turn on some ventilation in the trailer either a couple of stove top burners or the oven will generate enough CO to be detected (but so far never enough to make it alarm).

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment