Friday, December 29, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 75

Friday, December 29, 2023 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 29 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

A couple more RVs moved into the overflow area. Even the side of the road we were thrown out of is starting to fill with 3 RVs, including one in my old space, and this side is filling up with 5 of us. Some of those on the other side of the road are taking up 2 sites - if there are many more coming they may have to move. Evidently, lots of folks wait until after Christmas to hit Arizona.

Our Side

Everyone

On my walk this morning I watched a water skier on the Colorado River. A bit too cold for me, but I do wonder if I still have the stuff to slalom; it has been over 30 years since I've been on water skis.

Wednesday's Sunset

We haven't had a lot of vivid sunsets so far this season, but there was one on Wednesday evening.It is again time to take a break from the Cadfael series, not because I'm tired of them, but because the next one has 2 people in line before me at the NYPL. I'll do some other reading until #15, The Confession of Brother Haluin is available. I could read them out of order since they are not serialized to the extent of some other authors, but I try to do them in order. So, I just started Colin Falconer's Ends of the Earth

Around 2:00 I made a shower run. Went to bathroom #9, and while I was in the shower someone went into the one next to mine - the one I couldn't get any water to flow. Somehow, they didn't have a problem. Either he is stronger than me (quite likely) or they fixed it. In any case, I'm clean, and it appears we now have 2 showers in bathroom #9.

A nice afternoon, 68°F by 2:30. I sat outside reading.

For dinner I finished off the tacos from Wednesday.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment