Thursday, December 14, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 60

 Thursday, December 14, 2023 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 14 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

I listened to the grackles dancing on my roof - they seem to stop by almost every morning around 8:30. I haven't dug out the ladder to climb up & see what they are doing, but since they only hang around for about 10 minutes, I don't think they are building nests.

Last night I sat out for a bit with the camera to take some meteor photos. I didn't see any, but did catch a couple of satellites. The only Z mount lens I have is a 24mm - 70mm f:4 that is impossible to manually focus to infinity if stars are the only subject, and it isn't the best glass I own. I should try the adapter with one of my better lenses; maybe tonight. I included an interesting one of an airplane - the wing lights are always on, but flash every 2 seconds or so along with a central red light flashing less often. All exposures are 15 seconds @ f:4 or f:5.6, & ISOs 8000 to 12,800. In any case, nothing to write home about, but a couple of images:

Stars & Jupiter

An Airplane

Looking East

Like the last couple of days, a cool morning, nice for my walk. Well after lunch it is warm enough to sit outside.

Other than a quick run to building #6 for a shower, that was about it for the day.

Dinner was the last of the turkey Bubba Burgers - I have Butterball to replace them, and a salad.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment