Thursday, December 28, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 74

Thursday, December 28, 2023 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 28 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

Today was domestic day. I changed the sheets, thus getting my exercise for the day (not really - I did do my usual 1 mile walk) and after breakfast visited with a couple of fiberglass trailer owners that are staying in Quartzsite & stopped in Parker for some shopping and at the park to say hello. 

After that I headed to the laundromat, going back to the Kofa Laundromat, which I prefer over the 16th Street Laundromat. On the way back to the park I got a call from Parker Ford letting me know my truck was done. So I turned around and dropped off the rental a day early - cost was $75.00. By the way, while the Escape (car) had all kinds of fancy features, it drove more like a truck than my truck. You felt every bump in the road. It did nave a brighter back up camera, push button starting, and dual zone climate control, but I far prefer the truck.

Unfortunately, the truck was just a bit more at $3,180.40. The rattle is gone & it has a 2 year parts & labor warranty at any Ford dealer. While I'm not sure, looking at the parts numbers it looks like they used the better cam phasers (with a pert number starting with an "M"), so hopefully it is fixed for more than 30,000 miles. Hopefully, because I priced out a Toyota Tundra that was as close a match to my current truck - it does have a few additional bells & whistles, and I'd be looking at $66,000.00 before taxes. Hard to believe trucks have gone up that much in 5 years - the Ford listed for $43,000 in 2018. 

I also received a text from Walgreens (as well as email, and an automated phone call - they want to make sure you know your prescriptions are ready) so it was off to Lake Havasu City for a test run of the truck. The truck did fine, and Walgreens in Lake Havasu City knows how to do math. My Oswego Walgreens insisted that one bottle of nose spray was a 90 day fill, while counting the number of sprays in a bottle & the number required per day works out to two bottles. I had to pull out my calculator at Oswego to show them the math in order to get the second bottle. No arguments with Lake Havasu City Walgreens - 2 bottles in the bag.

On the way home I stopped at the Lake Havasu City Bashes for some baked chicken and mac & cheese. They also had my favorite donuts - the baked kind, not fried versions, so I bought some of them. The baked chicken at Bashes is much better than Safeway's; too bad they are 30 miles away.

Back at the trailer I put the food and prescriptions away & ate dinner, which, of course, was the chicken & mac & cheese.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment