Tuesday, December 5, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 51

 Tuesday, December 5, 2023 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 5 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip

It was a little over 50°F during my morning walk, but plenty of sun and a light wind so it was comfortable. By 11:00 it was up to 67°F and according to my weather app, heading to 73°F. 

After breakfast I did my usual journal & forum readings. Good Sam destroyed the the RV.net forum a couple of weeks ago. I'd be the first to admit that the format of the old RV.net forum was dated and a bit difficult to use, but the new community.goodsam.com is even more difficult to use & adds lots of graphics to slow things down. The way it groups threads is not as useful as the old version. The other problem is it won't let me transfer my old RV.net ID to the new site. Using the "official" method, it tells me my log in name is too long. It won't let me start a new one because I already have an account. I think it is time to say good by...

While I can feel the effect of the Shingrix shot, it isn't as bad as the day after the first one. I did massage the shot location at the advice of my GP, and that helps with the local soreness, bit I have a mild headache and am a little tired. 

The air force flies out of the Parker airport almost every weekend:

An Air Force Airplane

It did warm up to 77°F, warm enough that sitting outside required finding shade. The stick built trailer behind me is large enough to provide plenty. I read for a while, then grabbed the camera to try for some hummingbird photos. I don't thing there is more than one - I haven't seen any battles at the feeder. My iBirds Photo Sleuth tells me this is an Anna's.




Around 4:00 my shade left for Wickenburg, AZ. The pair of guys in the trailer are wholesale meat sellers up & down the river, and have sold out and are heading home to catch some rodeos.

Dinner was a left over chicken thigh & a salad.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment