Monday, December 18, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 64

Monday, December 18, 2023 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 18 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

A busy day. After my walk & breakfast I read for a bit, then packed up the dirty clothes & headed to the laundromat. I decided to try the 16th St Laundromat. OK, but I like the Kofa laundromat better. While the overall prices are about the same (a quarter more to wash at the 16th St, but 9 minutes per quarter vs 8 at Kofa), the Kofa has cleaner floors. I ended up with dirt on my sheets when folding them from them hitting the floor. 

On the way back I stopped at Ford & scheduled the cam phaser repair. I wonder why I had to stop in to get scheduled; they never called. In any case, it goes in on Wednesday, December 27th.

I stopped by Safeway for milk, and saw that they had turkey thighs in the hot food display. I prefer dark meat, and it is rare that you find turkey thighs. I've always looked for them (usually raw that I can bake myself) when on the road around Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc but while there are lots of turkey breasts, no thighs. Wonder what happens to them? So, I bought one. Big mistake. I don't know how they managed to destroy a turkey thigh, but either Jennie-O of Safeway managed to take my favorite part of a turkey and turn it into a stringy, greasy tasteless chunk of meat. Very over cooked, and in pieces in the bag. Oh, it was also very salty. I made a sandwich with it for lunch, and did the same for dinner (along with fresh asparagus) but overall very disappointing.

After lunch I pulled a chair out of the Clam and sat outside reading. There are 2 hummingbirds. With the heavy clouds, the bees were not crowding the feeder, so the hummers came back. Today was the first time I saw 2 at once. Fighting, of course. Current book is Wintering by Katherine May. It is non fiction, which I rarely read, but was highly recommended. 

Around 4:00 I headed for a shower. I went to building 9 even though I like building 6 better because building 9 is a bit closer, and there was a prediction for rain. In fact, my not so accurate AccuWeather App said it was raining (it wasn't). It did look like it could start at any time & I wanted walk in the rain a shorter distance if it happened. It didn't.

As mentioned, dinner was a turkey sandwich & asparagus with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment