Friday, December 1, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 47

 Friday, December 1, 2023 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ - 6.4 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip

An overnight light show - thunder & lightning for an hour or so around 8:00. Light rain with the "storm". I left Blue Waters as late as possible (around 11:00) since I only had a couple of miles to go to reach La Paz County Park and didn't want to arrive before who ever was in my site left. No problems with the registration. I did a down payment when I made the reservation, then at today's registration paid another month's worth - I have one more payment to make on January 1st. Averaging the total payment over the 62 days of my 2 month stay works out to $14.90 per night.

I'm in site M in the overflow area, which is about 5 rows of sites from the Colorado River. Basically, a piece of the parking lot with water & 30 amp electric hookups on gravel. Nice & flat - no leveling necessary other than adjusting the tongue after unhooking. The site has a picnic table, long enough for both the trailer & truck, and about 15' of space between sites. There are bathroom buildings scattered throughout the park - the nearest is #9 & a long walk from the site with a 5 digit code to get through the door. 2 showers. I've been told the bathroom #11 is nicer, but for some reason they didn't give me a code for it and it is further away. 

Site M

I'm back on AT&T for the cell modem. A speed test shows 36.7Mbps down & 2.33Mbps up. While Verizon may be as fast or faster (I didn't bother to check), I have used up most of my high speed Verizon data for the month. It does restart tomorrow, but since I seem to have true high speed unlimited on the AT&T, at least they haven't ever slowed me down due to data use, I'll stick with them unless the speed becomes unusable. Verizon slows me down to 600kbps once I go over 50GB until the end of the billing cycle.

I have fly in the trailer that recognizes a fly swatter. Every time I pick it up, it disappears. Hope to get it before bedtime.

I got the shipping address for the park & put in an Amazon order. After that I sat outside in the shade of the trailer awning and read. I'm continuing my Ellis Peters binge by starting #3, Monk's Hood.

Dinner was a chicken thigh & a salad with a chocolate pudding for dessert.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment