Wednesday, December 20, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 66

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 20 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

Sorry for the late posting of yesterday's journal.

I went out for my morning walk and a hot air balloon was floating above Parker.

Balloon Over The River

I got a morning phone call from the office letting me know that they were going to do some construction on the site next to my trailer & I could move across the road if I wanted to. I'll wait to see if the construction is more trouble than packing up the Clam & trailer, although my black tank is 2/3 full so if I moved I could also dump. 

It took me until 2:00 in the afternoon to decide to move. While the digging (they have a broken water line) might not raise all that much dust, filling it in could be a problem. So, I'm across the street in site E. I didn't finish the dump & move until after 4:00. Takes much longer if you have been in a site for 3 weeks. Of course dealing with the Clam adds to the time. While they advertise it only takes a minute to set up or take down, they don't consider the time to stake & unstake the 6 tie downs. I have to pick up some smaller fender washers for the nails I use as tent stakes. The normal nail like tent stakes with the green plastic top were almost impossible to get out of the desert ground. The 6" nails I use for the ground cloth are not too hard to remove, but the heads are too small for the large fender washers necessary for the large holes in the tie down straps on the Clam. 

Any how, I'm in my new home.

Dinner was a couple of chicken tacos made by my new/odd neighbor. He had no choice in the move since the leak was at his site, and now he is one site closer to me. 

Until Tomorrow - 

1 comment:

  1. What's so odd about new neighbor that makes dinner for you? I wish I had one of them next door to me.

    ReplyDelete