Saturday, December 23, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 69

Saturday, December 23, 2023 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 23 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

A little more rain overnight, never heavy and in bursts. By morning, partly cloudy and cool at 52°F. Evidently, Quartzsite got his pretty hard - many sections of AZ 95 were closed at the washes that cross it, although all are open this morning. I watched my radar app & the storm sat over Quartzsite for quite a while. It seemed to stop moving north and just sat there. We got very little rain with a few puddles showing this morning. 

I went to the swap meet on my morning walk. Nothing new, although there is rumor that the vegetable folks will be coming after New Years; still no kettle corn. I ordered biscuits & gravy at the food truck. Good biscuits, good but very hot coffee, lousy gravy. 

A little too cool to sit out in the Clam; 56°F at 11:30. I finished Wendigo, and while I probably won't read any of the author's other books, it was a good story poorly told. I'm currently reading Her Deadly Game by Robert Dugoni. For some reason, I've been turned off on lawyer & trial books, but I do like most of his.

My vermilye@oswego.edu mail account stopped working. If you need to contact me through email, try jonvermilye@gmail.com. Hope I can clear this up but no one is at the Oswego help desk until Tuesday.

Dinner was a Benihana Hibachi Chicken & Rice Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment