Sunday, December 3, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 49

 Sunday, December 3, 2023 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 3 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip

Last night I got caught by the California border & time zone problem in this area. Every once in a while my cell phone & watch will decide that it is across the Colorado River in California. Unfortunately, since the other side of the river is in the Pacific time zone my watch & phone hop back an hour. I have an alarm set for my 7:00 eye drops, and at 8:00 the watch decided it was 7:00 and alarmed. By the time I realized what was going on, it jumped back to mountain time. I remember the last time I spent any time close to the border that setting your time zone manually was a good idea. I hope the watch gets its time zone from the phone - I don't see any way to set it on the watch itself.

I have a shower report. As I mentioned before, there are a number of bathrooms spread throughout the park. I have access codes for #6, 7, & 9. Only 9 has showers. 2 stalls, both identical. Small drying room with 1 hook on the door and a broken hook on the wall (although enough left to hold my shirt & shorts) and a small bench. A standard (but small), dark household shower with a standard showerhead & single knob control. Very fine adjustment on the temperature control. Unfortunately, it has no stop - spins round & round. A 3°- 4° turn is enough to go from lukewarm to uncomfortably hot. Lots of shelves in the shower stall & a shower curtain. Dri-Dek on both the shower & drying room floors so the drying room floor does not get wet. Overall, a B-.

Another lazy day - most of them are going to be like this since there isn't a great deal to do in the Parker area, and not even all that much in a day trip. I did make my usual Sunday phone calls and all seem to be doing well. The weather people exaggerated the snowfall in Oswego. They were talking about feet, Kyle said there was an inch on the driveway that melted the next day. 

I do have a trip to Lake Havasu City tomorrow to pick up some prescriptions & get a vaccination.

Dinner was a cheese brat, salad, and green jello for dessert.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment