Wednesday, December 20, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 65

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 19 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

Another warm night that didn't turn into a warm day - still only 58°F at 11:30AM. 

I decided that this would be a good day to try out the Black Pearl Restaurant at the Pirate's Den (the RV park next to the La Paz County Park) for breakfast. Unfortunately, when I got there on my morning walk it was still closed. Evidently they only open at 9:00AM on weekends; the rest of the week they open at 11:30. So, back to the trailer & my own bacon & eggs breakfast.

Another gloomy day; we even had a short bout of very light rain around 5:00AM. There was some sun around 8:00, but the clouds are back. I finished Wintering, and started The Turn of Midnight by Minette Walters. I've read a couple of her books, but this one is a bit difficult to get into, probably because it is book two in a series & I believe one should have read book one first. I'm still listening to The Murder Stone by Charles Todd as an audio book while I do my morning walk. 

I just got a call from Escape Trailer Industries that my folding shelf is ready to ship. I decided a small shelf on the dining area side of the kitchen wall would be useful. I often put my drinks on the stove cover while eating inside, but it isn't the most convenient location. I will have to modify the seat cover to be able to open it fully once the shelf is installed, but that is a minor change.

I got a knock on my door telling me I had two packages at the office. One was the Christmas package from Karin & her family, and the other was the part I ordered to fix the Maxx fan. I won't be able to install it until I get home since I have to reach the middle of the roof, but I wanted to be sure I had the part. I guess they replace a number of them - comes with photo assisted directions.

I tried switching to Verizon, and while it looked good on a speed test with a fast ping and over 40Mbps, in reality it took forever to load web pages. Even the campground WiFi was more usable. I went back to AT&T.

Dinner was cottage cheese, fruit, and a yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment