Saturday, December 16, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 62

Saturday, December 16, 2023 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 16 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

I'm glad for many of the contributions by the Australians, for example I love to hear a didgeridoo make its way into a musical piece, but their idea of a chicken & mushroom pot pie is a long way from mine. First, finding any chicken was impossible, and there were very few mushrooms. Lots of crust. Still, it didn't upset my stomach as much as a Marie Callender's Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pot Pie (although that might be because it was less than half as much pie). In any case, no recommendations for last night's dinner of a Boomerang Chicken & Mushroom Pot Pie.

Not much sun for the morning walk. Even though it was warmer than the last couple of days ar 54°F, if felt cooler with the clouds. 

I went on line to do my bi monthly check of my retirement plan to be sure I can afford to be retired; Looks like I'm still doing OK, (although if I had to go back to work after being retired for 22 years, it would be "interesting"). Electricity has not changed all that much since I retired, but the equipment for theatre sound & lighting has already gone through a couple of generations, leaving me way behind; I doubt I could figure out how to turn on a modern sound console. I remember how difficult it was to catch up after being away for 2 years (drafted into the army) to catch up with the shift from individual components to integrated circuits in the electronics field.

After reading my usual forums & journals, I continued with The Wedding Guest, an Alex Delaware novel by Jonathan Kellerman. I finished Never Pick Up Hitch-Hikers! last night, which I enjoyed, and am still waiting for the New York Public Library to make her Cadfael #11 An Excellent Mystery available. Never Pick Up Hitch-Hikers! was one of Ellis Peters's stand alone novels. She had an amazing oeuvre of work, although most od those written as Ellis Peters were some kind of mystery novel. She also wrote under her actual name - Edith Mary Pargeter.

The poor hummingbird(s) is fighting bees. They found the feeder, and when there are only a few it doesn't seem to bother the hummers, but when there are 3-4 at each "flower" (the feeder has 4) the birds look, but bypass a stop for a drink. The bees seem to leave late afternoon, so the hummingbirds do get a chance to feed late in the day.

I met a couple trying to figure out the layout of the sites in the overflow area (here). The layout is a bit confusing, and there is only one hand drawn map kept at the office showing which spaces are RV slots & which are the open space for the RV's picnic table & stuff. They try to show you at the entrance booth, but by the time you get to the sites, any memory of which is which disappears. They have to leave the site they are in & since they plan to be here until the middle of January, they will move over here.

Dinner was a chicken & fresh salad with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment