Wednesday, December 6, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 52

 Wednesday, December 6, 2023 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 6 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

After my walk & breakfast I did my usual journal & forum reading. Eventually, it warmed up enough to sit outside. I had to find new shade since the large stick built trailer next to me left. I squeezed in between the truck & front of the trailer. Eventually, it warmed up to 80°F on my outside thermometer, which, I have to admit is inside my ladder housing in the sun. Still, the warmest day since I have been in the park; I even ran the air conditioner.

Around 2:00 I headed to the showers. Maybe I should say shower; I decided to try the other shower. A different stall with fewer shelves for stuff, but enough. Otherwise, the same as the further shower I used last time except - no water. Try as I might, I could not get the knob on the water control to pull out, starting the water. I may need to downgrade the showers!

Back at the trailer I read for awhile, unfortunately, on my iPad. I really like the size & weight of the Kindle, and for the way I use it, the size of the iPad. The problem is the iPad is too big to use to read a book. The additional problem is my current book is the last of Kyril Bonfiglioli's four Mortdecai series The Mortdecai Great Mustache Mystery. It is only available as a Adobe copy protected format that is not readable on the Kindle. My iPhone is too small, but the iPad it to heavy. I've only found 4 library books that won't work on the Kindle, so I can live with it. 

Around 3:30 I decided that chili would be good for dinner. I made a run to Walmart and almost left before I started shopping - very long lines at the cash registers. I decided that since I don't really have a schedule, I'd shop & wait as long as it takes. While I was shopping there were a number of announcements "All cash register qualified personnel to the registers". By the time I got my stuff, the lines were down to a 5 minute wait, typical for the Parker store.

Back at the trailer I started the chili made with turkey rather than beef. I still have problems with beef bothering my stomach, so I decided to try it with turkey.

So, dinner was chili. Tastes OK with turkey. I'd better like it since I have 3 large servings left over. You can't buy less that one pound of turkey (or beef for that matter) so it is tough to cut a standard recipe in half or less. I'll have one of the servings tomorrow, and will freeze the other two. 

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment