Saturday, December 9, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 55

 Saturday, December 9, 2023 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 9 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

A warm night, however it never got much warmer during the day, and a fairly stiff breeze made it worse. I drove to the Swap Meet to see if much changed since last Saturday - nope, although there were a few new vendors, no kettle corn. Verizon had a booth & I discovered that I could get a veteran's discount.  I thought I already had one as a Red Cross volunteer, but that is on my AT&T phone.  Unfortunately, I didn't have the phone with me so I couldn't add it while at the booth. I walked around a little, but since I was wearing shorts, soon decided I'd had enough. 

Back at the trailer I changed to long pants & added my photo vest, then sat outside in the Clam reading. The breeze was enough to make the Clam dance a little, but the no see em mesh screening cut down the amount of wind inside. Eventually, I headed in for lunch.

After lunch I made a run to Walmart. Not at all crowded. Back at the trailer I sat out in the Clam braving the wind & cool weather. My weather app says it is going down to 34°F tonight. If it does, that will be the coolest night since I hit Parker. The week looks to be in the mid 60's to 70°F as highs with low 40's overnight. I can't complain since the night time temperatures here are the highs for back home in upstate NY.

Dinner was a Barber Foods Broccoli & Cheese Chicken bake and creamed spinach.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment