Saturday, December 2, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 48

 Saturday, December 2, 2023 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip

After breakfast I headed over to the Swap Meet. This is held every Saturday during the winter at the far end of the park. Not as crowded as it was my previous visit in 2014. The worst part is the Boy Scouts were not there selling Kettle Corn. In 2014 I had my first exposure to kettle corn, and it was right out of the kettle. I've tried it in the east, and it isn't the same. For one thing, they seem to have the largest kernels of popcorn ever made out here; the eastern version is made with standard popcorn. In any case, none here. I picked up a stainless steel drain screen to replace the plastic one I have in the kitchen sink.


The Swap Meet

The Swap Meet

Towards the river from the area where the swap meet is held is the Black Pearl restaurant at the Pirate's Den Resort, another marina & campground on the river. I discovered during one of my morning walks that the Fox's Floating Dock Bar located at the up river end of the La Paz park is closed for renovations this year. Terrible news - they had great fish dinners on Fridays, and excellent tacos on taco night (which was all day). The prices at the Black Pearl almost require you finding one before you go, although I have to admit it is a nice sit down restaurant compared to the wobbly stools and bar food only at the floating bar.

The rest of the day was spent sitting around reading. I'm up to #5, The Leper of Saint Giles of the Cadfael series (I had already read #4). Her books are addictive!

Dinner was a turkey Bubba Burger and a salad.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment