Friday, November 13, 2015

Shadow Ridge RV Resort, Ajo, AZ & Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument

Organ Pipe Cactus at Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument
Friday, November 13, 2015, Shadow Ridge RV Resort, Ajo, AZ, 125.2 Miles, 3,378 Miles for the Trip

I stayed up until 11:00 taking a few more star photos, although this isn't the greatest place I've been to do them. My favorites are Craters of the Moon National Monument in Idaho, and Kodachrome Valley State Park in Utah. In any case, I posted a couple of photos, including a view of I 10 from my site.

I'm at the Shadow Ridge RV Resort in Ajo, AZ, site 45, a full hookup, including cable for $24.00 per night. While fairly tight to your neighbor, this time of year there are not many neighbors. I have empty sites next to & behind me. Typical of southwest commercial snowbird parks, older, but the staff was very nice, and the grounds, bathrooms, etc are spotless. They have a huge library/book exchange. I traded all my "read" books for new ones so I'm good for awhile.

After setting up the trailer I headed south to visit Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument. The monument is right on the US/Mexico border and has all kinds of warnings about smuggling, etc. They have a campground, but I elected to stay in Ajo. I stopped in the Visitor Center, bought a Starry Starry Night Tour "T" shirt. On the back it lists 34 National Parks & Monuments that are participating in the "Rediscover the Night" program. After that I drove the Ajo Mountain Drive, a 21 mile dirt & gravel road through fields of cactus. I took a bunch of photos, and rattled the RAV4's suspension enough that I believe I killed one of the anti skid sensors. I have 4 wheel drive & anti skid warning lights on, and Cruise Control no longer works. Fixing it will have to wait until I find a Toyota dealer...

Night photos & more of Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument photos are at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Since I had another big lunch (another McDonald's Buttermilk Chicken sandwich & fries - Better than the last one, but not as good as the first) dinner was simple - a ham & cheese sandwich with a hand full of snap peas.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment