Sunday, November 1, 2015

Leasburg State Park, NM

Desert Plants in the Sunset
Sunday, November 1, 2015, Leasburg State Park, NM, 134.3 Miles, 2,830.9 Miles for the Trip

A short travel day on NM 54, US 70 & I 25. I passed, but didn't stop at the White Sands National Monument since I stopped there on my trip in 2012. I did stop to take a photo of some interesting mountains across from the White Sands Missile range. I stopped for the day at Leasburg State Park, site 21, a water & electric site for $14.00. They have a mix of reserved sites & open ones, however the open, first come area is small, mostly non electric and there was only one site left. I drove on to the reserved area & found they have signs at each site that let you stay one night if it isn't already reserved.

Very warm this afternoon, around 85°F at 3:00. Almost ran the AC, but since I spent most of the afternoon outside, I just ran the Maxxfan. The picnic tables have shade covers which were nice to sit under & read. I took a shower around 4:30, read for a bit more, then as the late afternoon color got interesting, took some photos of the desert plants in the campground. Photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was a grilled chicken sandwich & the rest of the broccoli.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment