Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Picacho Peak State Park, AZ

My Site & Picacho Peak
Wednesday, November 11, 2015, Picacho Peak State Park, AZ, 40.1 Miles, 3,252.8 Miles for the Trip

A short trip with a couple of stops on the way. First, the Post Office to mail the rebate for my new Jetpack. No one there? Aha, it's Veteran's Day! I should know better since I am one, but I and a few others wandering around the building, forgot.

I did better at Safeway. I even found Turkey Bubba Burgers. I tossed the dry Jennie-O burgers since there wasn't room enough in the freezer for both. I also picked up some other stuff since I don't expect to find a large supermarket for awhile.

I'm in site A9 for 2 nights at Picacho Peak State Park, an electric only site for the usual $25.00 per night. A great view of both Picacho Peak & the valley overlooking I 10 & an active railroad. Both are far enough from the campground (at least my section) that you can barely hear either. I hope the sky will be clear tonight since I have a pretty open view of the stars. I took a couple of photos of the view from my site that are at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was a juicy Turkey Bubba Burger, saffron rice & snap peas.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment