Saturday, November 7, 2015

City of Rocks State Park, NM, Day 3

Gila Cliff Dwellers National Monument, NM

Saturday, November 7, 2015, City of Rocks State Park, NM, Day 3, 0 Miles, 2,956.7 Miles for the Trip

A very quiet day. Last night was much warmer than the previous night, but even though the Pelonis Ceramic Disk furnace did fine keeping the trailer above 60F, I decided to attempt to fix it anyway. Not too difficult to disassemble since it was made in 1986, a time that things expected to be repaired rather than thrown away when broken. I couldn't find anything obviously wrong with it, but the tiny holes in the disks were filled with packed dust. I brushed & blew them until they were clear & reassembled the heater. Plugged it in an it drew 12.5 amps on high, so either cleaning it fixed it, or just taking it apart & putting it back together did. In any case it seems to be working at capacity.

I read (Stephen King's From a Buick 8) for much of the afternoon, then took a 2 mile walk around the campground. I thought about a shower, however the bathroom is fairly cool, and the non adjustable shower barely warm, so I'm going to wait until tomorrow at the next campground.

I got a Skype call from Anne, half of the couple I traveled to Alaska with & caught up on NY, where it is warmer than here. Something wrong with that!

No photos today, so I used another one from the Gila Cliff Dwellers visit.  Dinner will be a shrimp & lobster stuffed chicken roll & a Southwest salad.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment