Thursday, November 12, 2015

Picacho Peak State Park, AZ, Day 2

Clouds Over Picacho Peak State Park
Thursday, November 12, 2015, Picacho Peak State Park, AZ, Day 2, 0 Miles, 3,252.8 Miles for the Trip

While it gets fairly dark to the South, the lights from I 10, Phoenix, and maybe even I 8 light up the horizon looking North. So, I did get a bit of the Milky Way over the trailer, but the star circle, which works best when the North Star is in the center, didn't work all that well. I gave up around 12:00 and went to bed. The star photos and more cloud & sunset photos are at today's LakeshoreImages page.

I took a walk around both campground loops before breakfast, then spent most of the day doing nothing. I did finish The Gods Themselves by Isaac Asimov, a very interesting Sci Fi written in the 70's, and started The Harder They Come by Michael Thelwell.

While warmer than yesterday, thin clouds cut the warming of the sun a bit making it great to sit outdoors. The clouds did make for more interesting photos than yesterday. I met a couple from the Fingerlakes (in NY) that will be traveling to many of the same places I planning to visit, so I will probably run into them again.

Dinner was spaghetti & meatballs.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment