Saturday, November 21, 2015

La Posa LTVA, Quartzite, AZ, Day 5

Saturday, November 21, 2015, La Posa LTVA, Quartzite, AZ, Day 5, 0 Miles, 3,585.9 Miles for the Trip

Another quiet day without any photographs. After my walk I ate breakfast, then read for a bit. For a break I drove around the 4 sections of the campground to pick out a new location. Where I am is OK, but there is quite a bit or road noise from I 10. The La Posa South is quieter, is where water & the dump stations are located, and even has bathrooms (well pit toilets, but very clean pit toilets). I will probably move tomorrow or Monday.

Dinner was a couple of burritos cooked in my Dutch Oven. I have a Volcano Grill, which has a propane option. I used it for the first time to bake something. I'm not too impressed with the propane option - it is almost impossible to keep the temperature under 400°F. The gas valve on the regulator has so much back lash that running a low flame is tough. I finally had to crack open the lid on the Dutch Oven to keep the temperature at 350F.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment