Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Catalina State Park, AZ, Day 3

Sunset Over the Campground
Monday, November 9, 2015, Catalina State Park, AZ, Day 3, 0 Miles, 3212.7 Miles for the Trip

Today was housekeeping day. I started out with two loads of laundry, then picked up my camera with a shiny, clean sensor (for $45.00) and took my old Jetpack to Verizon for an upgrade. The Pantech MHS291L I got with the Millenicom service a couple of years ago worked well, however had one problem - the battery swelled enough to pop the back cover off the unit. After noticing that my 3rd battery was starting to do the same, I decided to replace it.

Since Verizon drove Millenicom out of business, and offered users a fairly good deal (20GB for $100.00 per month (actual bill is for $100.07), I went to a Verizon store to get a replacement. The Netgear AC791L is one of there latest modems, with many advantages over the Pantech, including the ability to actually tell me how much data I've used & a 24 hour stand by battery. While the Pantech could also tell me the amount of data left, it rarely worked. I was assured that I would keep my current plan with the upgrade, and was able to get a reduced price by signing up for a 2 year contract. They even told me I could change to one of their "family" plans without any problem. Let's hope that all that is true!

After that I drove back to the campground, configured the new Jetpack, took a shower, and read for a bit. A pretty sunset against the mountains. If you look closely at today's photo, you can see another Escape 17 hidden behind the tree. A couple from Vancouver, BC traveling in an older Escape.

Dinner is cooking as I type - a couple of chicken burritos.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment