Tuesday, January 25, 2022

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 97

 Tuesday, January 25, 2022, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 46 - 0 Miles, 3,765.5 Miles for the Trip

The area is thinning out. Dave & Pam left this morning while I was on my walk for coffee. The Casita & van across the wash also left. 

Escape owners Peter & Nancy from NY stopped by without the trailer to visit & head for the Big Tent show. 

Verizon is having a bad day. While mail sneaks through, reading web pages is very slow if you can connect; most of the time you can't. I tried my usual Speakeasy speed test, and while the site comes up, the test doesn't. 

I wandered over to the Big Tent for a last look through, then on to a booth at the Tyson Wells area to pick up some Anasazi Beans. They are a favorite dried bean that I generally buy here in the southwest. While they are available through Amazon (like anything else), the cost is more than the the $3.00 per pound they are here. A 10 pound bag is $23.00, but that is more than I'd use in a couple of years. I could do better buying bulk at a grocery store, but I rarely find them.

Peter & Nancy stopped back after their Big Tent adventure with some stuff, but as usual, a couple of items they were looking for were out of stock and and "would be here tomorrow" (but they won't be). We chatted for a bit & they headed back to Yuma. They plan to arrive at Dome Rock for the trailer rally on the 7th.

Dinner was a grilled chicken leg quarter, baked potato & creamed spinach.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment