Wednesday, January 19, 2022

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 91

 Wednesday, January 19, 2022, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 40

After breakfast I baked a blueberry pie. I'm not all that pleased with the fresh blueberries I picked up at Safeway. While the price was OK, a fair percentage of the blueberries were well past their prime. Had to hand pick through 2 18 ounce packages to get 6 cups of usable berries. Still, the pie is in the oven. 

Another beautiful day at Quartzsite. 69°F outside and clear skies. No new arrivals in our area, but a converted school bus with an interesting paint job pulled in across the west wash, and the Casita is gone.

The Converted Bus

Dan, one of the early arrivals must have left yesterday or this morning. The 5th wheel next door prevents me from seeing his trailer & when I went to offer a piece of pie it looks like he packed up & left. There are now two RVs in his location.

I finished This Weightless World by Adam Soto, did a quick read of Lee Goldburg's True Fiction, and started the latest Chinle Miller's Bud Shumway series The Temple Mountain Cafe. I've read the first 14 of the series, and while a long way from "high quality fiction", I have enjoyed the descriptions of the parts of the country that I enjoy.

I handed out plates of blueberry pie, and, of course, kept some for me.

Dinner was a Saffron Road Chicken Pad Thai, a new one of their meals, at least for me. I like it!

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment