Tuesday, January 4, 2022

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 76

 Tuesday, January 4, 2022, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 25

A bit warmer at 34°F this morning, and comfortable to walk for coffee wearing my sweatshirt rather than the quilted jacket. 

After breakfast I read for awhile, then headed to Parker. Walmart was a zoo. The wait time in the check out line was 45 minutes. They only had about 1/2 the registers running - I don't know if it was the way they do things in Parker or if, like the rest of the country, are having trouble finding workers. In any case, a long wait. It didn't help that 2 women in front of me had carts piled so high that thinks kept falling off as they moved forward. I thought it was still a good move to get behind them since it was the only line that had two checkout clerks, and all the lines were long, but after I had a long line behind me one of the 2 check out clerks went on a break & never came back. I should have warned the person behind me - I always choose the longest wait for a checkout. 

I also stopped across the street at Safeway for a couple more things - the line there moved quickly, and I found one of my favorite breakfast snacks - Entennmann's Minis Crumb Cake. I haven't seen them since Oswego, and the replacements I've tried have been way too sweet.

I had what I hope was a crown (not a filling) come loose in the back of my mouth. It floats off & on the tooth. Called the Parker Dental Center where I went a couple of years ago & no answer after a couple of tries. So, I now have an appointment at Parker Family Dental on Thursday. 

Back at the trailer I relaxed after putting all the groceries away. I didn't even fill the freezer - I could have bought that tub of ice cream, although it would have melted before I got checked out if I bought it at Walmart!

Dinner was a Bubba Burger & salad.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment