Monday, January 10, 2022

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 82

 Monday, January 10, 2022, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 31

Since I was down one propane tank this morning, I drove for coffee (even when I was much younger I wouldn't have wanted to lug 30 pounds of propane & tank 2 miles even if the tank was empty on the way to the station). 

I never saw any sign of life from the Coachman Starflyte Class C motorhome that parked next door yesterday, other than to watch it pull out and leave during breakfast.

After breakfast I did some reading during which I finished both the audio book of Go Tell The Bees That I Am Gone & the last of 4 books of Jeff Wheeler's First Argentines series. They were close enough stories that reading & listening to both at the same time got a bit confusing. Now I'm listening to Joseph Finder's House on Fire and reading The Blackbird Papers by Ian Smith who, evidently is not the Ian K. Smith that I've read & enjoyed before, and thought whose book I borrowed from the NY Public Library. While they are both mystery novels, they are different enough that there is no confusion, at least so far.

Eventually, I headed to town looking for vitamin B complex and paper plates. There is a run on both vitamins and paper plates in Quartzsite. Empty sections of shelves in both dollar stores & grocery stores with piles of Styrofoam plates and kids chewy vitamins next to empty spaces. Eventually, I found a small pile of paper plates at the back of Dollar General as well as the B complex vitamins. I also stopped by the Roadrunner Market for taco supplies.

Back at the trailer I spent time both inside & outside reading. Partial clouds & wind made the 65°F feel cool outside, but when the sun broke through, it was OK. 

Dinner was beef tacos.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment