Wednesday, January 12, 2022

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 84

 Wednesday, January 12, 2022, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 33

Another quiet day. A cooler night at 35°F than earlier in the week - I caused this by leaving one of my blankets off the bed when I changed the sheets. Of course, if I put it back on, it will warm up. Right now it is rolled up at the bottom side of the bed & I can drag it out if necessary. 

I refilled the hummingbird feeder. I know the hummingbirds didn't drink it all - the wind rocks the feeder so small amounts end up dripping on the ground. While empty of sugar water, it was filled with ants. I got rid of most of them before bringing it into the trailer, and the rest washed down the sink into the gray tank. 

The La Posa West (where I am) section of the LTVA is still fairly empty a week & a half before the Big Tent opens. I don't know if the crew from California will show up - I haven't heard from them. It did warm up during the day. At 2:30 it was 66°F outside and partially cloudy. Light wind, and enough sun to refill the batteries.

I started doing my 2021 taxes on line. I won't get the 1099s until at least the end of the month, but there are parts of the paperwork that I can do now. At least I no longer have to drive to Blythe and wait 3 hours at the Social Security office for a copy of my SSA 1099. They now have them available on line in early February.

A van camper moved into the area this afternoon. Not one of the Travato ladies, but a modified Ford van. 

Dinner was a Barber Broccoli & Cheese meal, along with creamed spinach and mashed potatoes.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment