Monday, December 28, 2015

La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 40

Monday, December 28, 2015, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 40, 0 Miles, 4,046.3 Miles for the Trip

The walk for coffee this morning included a hooded sweatshirt, hat, quilted vest, and gloves; 26°F. After breakfast I spent most of the day doing nothing. I did dig out the Reflectix panels I made to fit the windows. I made them for the trip to Alaska, but never needed them. They have been sitting rolled up in one of the under bench storage cabinets, and I decided it was time to give them a try. No idea if it will make it easier to heat the trailer overnight, particularly because most of the windows are double pane, but worth a try. According to the local weather reports, the nights are going to be near freezing for the near future. I don't mind burning the propane, but am concerned with multiple cloudy days & getting the batteries back to full after a night of running the furnace.

Other than that, I spent the day in the trailer reading & working on the computer. I have an invite for chili with the couple in the Class A RV that I helped with their electrical problems yesterday, so I won't have to cook anything. Funny, my plans for dinner before they invited me was to eat the last batch of chili from the freezer.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment