Thursday, December 24, 2015

La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 36

Thursday, December 24, 2015, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 36, 0 Miles, 4,046.3 Miles for the Trip

I hope everyone is having a great Christmas eve. Things are pretty quiet here at Quartzsite. I made a run into town & found many of the stores & shops closed, although the grocery stores are open until the evening.

I spent most of the day sitting around reading, although I did have one domestic project - defrosting the refrigerator.  While I have to defrost the cooling fins every couple of weeks most of the time, here in the desert I only have to do it once a month, if that.  I toss the stuff in the freezer into my ice chest, then use a plastic putty knife to scrape/chip the ice off the fins.  It only takes about 20 minutes, and then about 3-4 hours for the refrigerator & freezer to recover. While the wind died down for most of the day, it is definitely a bit cooler both last night & today. Still slightly warmer than Oswego, NY (although only slightly). I did notice that my black tank is nearing time to head to the dump station. I may have to make a trip tomorrow or the next day.

I forgot to mention that Ken & Diana, Escape 5.0TA owners, stopped by yesterday for a chat. They didn't have the trailer with them, but were passing by & saw the trailer. Hope to run into them again...

Dinner will be a grilled Turkey Bubba burger & chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment