Thursday, December 17, 2015

La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 29

Thursday, December 17, 2015, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 29, 0 Miles, 4,046.3 Miles for the Trip

Another cold night, but the day was warmer than yesterday. I drove to Blythe for a checkup on my eye pressure. The added drop of a new medication did the trick - my pressure is now lower than it has been over the last couple of biannual checkups. The Dr. gave me a sample two weeks ago, and phoned in the prescription today. Since he was at another office & didn't have the paperwork from my previous visit with him, he got the number of drops & number of eyes wrong. I don't know whether to correct it or not. The single 5 ml bottle would cost me a $50.00 copay if it is a 90 day, one drop in one eye script, (what I expected), and, like my other one drop/one eye medication, actually lasts around 4 months (the 5ml bottle is the smallest they make). He called in a prescription for one drop in each eye twice a day with no # of days. It was filled as a single bottle & 25 days. The interesting thing is both prescriptions end up being one 5ml bottle but the 25 day cost a $25.00 copay & the 90 day is a $50.00 copay for the same thing. Drug plans are weird!

I did a little shopping in Blythe. Bought a pair of long johns since the weather seems to require them. I also bought a couple of flannel shirts so now I'm ready for winter. That probably means it will get warm immediately, but if it does, it was worth the purchase price. I also stopped at Albertson for some fruit juice & other supplies that are harder to find in Quartzsite.

Dinner was a Bubba Burger & the rest of the eFoods Tortilla soup and Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream for dessert..

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment