Sunday, December 27, 2015

La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 39

Sunday, December 27, 2015, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 39, 0 Miles, 4,046.3 Miles for the Trip

Another day in the desert. I walked to the gas station for coffee. $.50 this morning. I don't know what the criteria for coffee refill costs are; I've been charged everything from $.50 to $.75 for the same insulated 24 oz coffee mug. I do know it is difficult on a cold morning to go the extra mile walk, passing by the fancy coffee stand (where the mug filling is $4.00 for plain coffee & $5.00 for a mocha) but I did it.

I met a couple in a 32' Class A that was having problems with a couple of 120v receptacles. Did some testing & finally discovered that all it needed was a reset of a circuit breaker. Of course, as an "electronics technician", I didn't immediately go for the obvious (the circuit breaker), but pulled the offending outlet checking for loose wiring, etc before finding the real problem. I did my Johnny Appleseed of LED lighting & left them one LED lamp for their most used fixture. I buy a batch of them cheap from China & give them away to convince people that they are the best way to save power when boondocking.

After that I decided to try the Dutch Oven for baking a frozen TV type dinner. I have a couple that I keep in the freezer for when I have hookups to bake in the toaster oven, but since I don't plan of hookups for awhile & don't have a gas oven in the trailer, I tried the Volcano Grill on propane with the Dutch Oven inside. A bit tricky to keep the temperature at 350°F (in fact I went over a bit & melted a hole in the bottom of the plastic tray) but it worked. One Maria Callender's Country Fried Chicken Dinner with slightly browned baked potatoes. Not too bad for a first attempt. All I've cooked in the Dutch Oven up to now was burritos.

After dinner I did some RV forum postings, then watched the sunset. The furnace came on at 6:19, so I expect it is going to be another cool night.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment