Sunday, December 6, 2015

La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 20

Tonight's Sunset
Sunday, December 6, 2015, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 20, 0 Miles, 3,585.9 Miles for the Trip

I took my camera on the way to the dumpsters to photograph a beautifully restored 1950 Flexible bus conversion that arrived last night. I talked a bit with the owner; he said it was a 5 year project.


1950 Flexible Restoration

Other than that, not too much happening today. I walked to the gas station for coffee this morning. Don't know if it is a Sunday special or what, but only $.50 instead of $.65 to fill my insulated mug today. I decided to make pancakes & bacon for breakfast. Very filling, I didn't do anything but snack for lunch. The rest of the day was spent reading the Sunday Syracuse paper, catching up on some of the blogs I regularly read, and some forums. I updated my campground & fuel cost spreadsheet; Including the $180.00 purchase of the LTVA pass, I'm down to an average of $15.53 per night for camping costs.

I spent the late afternoon cooking a mildly unsuccessful chicken breast in wine sauce over rice dish. Editable, but nothing special. I did discover that my as yet untested Instant Clear Jel is powerful stuff. Where a tablespoon of flour would be necessary to thicken the sauce, one of Instant Clear Jel was way too much! My sauce turned to a paste. Still tasted OK. While doing the dishes, I stopped for a minute to shoot the sunset.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment