Friday, December 25, 2015

La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 37

A Gyrocopter Over the Campground
Friday, December 25, 2015, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 37, 0 Miles, 4,046.3 Miles for the Trip

Merry Christmas! I talked to relatives & friends on the phone (all who, with the exception of friends in Golden, CO, seem to be in warmer places, including, of course, home in Oswego, NY) as well as a Skype session with my daughter's family in Takoma Park, MD. I opened my Christmas presents from the kids, and have jigsaw puzzle to put together, some Christmas coffee, a wonderful drawing from each grand daughter, cookies and more goodies.

My Christmas present to myself was a trip to the dump station. While I might have been able to put it off until tomorrow, it wouldn't be good to discover the black tank full during a bathroom run at at 3:00AM! I dumped both tanks & filled the fresh water tank. There is a Scamp 16 parked a little beyond the dump station, but their tow vehicle was gone & it didn't look like anyone was home.

I positioned the trailer a bit differently so I could more easily watch the moon & sun rise out the back window, as well as the sunset out the front. That meant moving the door mat, solar panel, etc - we will see if the new position works out.

I sat out & read a bit, then decided to try the Times Three Family Restaurant next to McDonalds. I had the cod dinner, OK and large portions, but I preferred the cod dinner at Sweet Darlene's, where it was $2.00 cheaper and less greasy. Still, one can't complain about the restaurant prices in Quartzsite.

I tried to sit out a bit longer when I got back to the trailer, but it is cooling down quickly. According to the Phoenix NPR station, it is going to be much cooler than normal for the next 4-5 days.

I did take a couple of photos today - a gyrocopter buzzed the campground long enough for me to dig out the camera.  One more view at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Until Tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. ...and a very Merry Christmas to you...I'm enjoying reading your camping adventure....so how long are you staying at Quartzsite>....take care and may the coming year bring continued great adventures and good health...Horst sends

    ReplyDelete