Friday, December 11, 2015

Rancho Sedona RV Park & Scamp Camp, AZ

Entering Sedona, AZ
Friday, December 11, 2015, Rancho Sedona RV Park & Scamp Camp, AZ, 226.6 Miles, 3,815.5 Miles for the Trip

I got a fairly early start & left Quartzsite around 8:15. A cloudy day, so driving east into the sun wasn't too bad. Most of the drive was on I10 & I17, with a bypass of Phoenix on Loop 303 and the final drive into Sedona on AZ 179.

I stopped to take a few photos at the first "Scenic" pull off coming into Sedona, but will probably get out to take some more photos tomorrow. I'm in site 22, a full hookup (including cable) site for $49.50 per night with a Good Sam discount. Lots of Scamps & Escapes here as well as a Casita & a Lil' Snoozy. We even have a small class A as part of the Scamp Camp weekend.  More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

While it isn't snowing (yet) is is cold. Very dark skies and a tiny bit of rain. The prediction is for 1" - 3" of snow overnight here in Sedona. I don't really care as long as it is gone by the time I head back to Quartzsite on Monday.

After setting up the trailer I made a quick run to Safeway for food. I bought too much, but was overwhelmed by a large grocery store! My freezer is completely filled, and I have enough snacks for at least the weekend.

After getting back I joined a shivering circle of fiberglass trailer owners saying hello & introducing each other. It finally got cold enough that I headed back to the trailer, dug out the toaster oven (I love having electricity from a utility rather than my batteries) and baked a chicken pot pie. While cooking the pie & typing this page it rained (or sleeted, hard to tell from inside the trailer & I'm not going out) off & on.

Until Tomorrow -

3 comments:

  1. Being in Sedona on a December day...it will get cold, and maybe snow. But you're a pioneer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll stay warm - somehow. It is mid 50s in Q & enuf wind to rearrange freckles. Clear skies at least. Saving your spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you'll stay warm - somehow. It is mid 50s in Q & enuf wind to rearrange freckles. Clear skies at least. Saving your spot.

    ReplyDelete