Monday, December 21, 2015

La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 33

Monday, December 21, 2015, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 33, 0 Miles, 4,046.3 Miles for the Trip

It was domestic Monday. I started out cleaning the trailer. One thing you get a lot of for free at Quartzsite is dust. While it is obvious when the wind is blowing hard, even on calm days there always seems to be a bit in the air, and, of course, settled into the trailer.

After dusting, sweeping, and picking up some clutter produced by the trailer staying in one place too long, I gathered together a week plus worth of dirty clothes, and headed to the laundromat. I ended up doing 3 loads of laundry. While everything was in the dryers, I had a full sized shower. It felt great to be able to run as much water for as long as I wanted (well, they do have a 20 minute limit on showers, but I could never take one for that long)!

I did a little food shopping on the way back, filled an empty propane tank (Propane is getting less expensive each time I fill a tank). Today it was $1.99 a gallon.

I fooled around with my portable solar panel, but have not found a way to convince either its controller or the GoPower one built into the trailer that it should remain in the absorption mode long enough to fully recharge the batteries. They both switch down to the float stage (13.6V) while the batteries are still down 10 amp hours from full. I may be expecting too much but it would be nice to get that last little bit into the batteries, particularly since we are expecting some cloudy days ahead.

I sat & read, enjoying the 65°F afternoon. Dinner will be a grilled chicken patty, some of the left over Mexican rice from yesterday, and a fruit cup.

Until Tomorrow -

2 comments:

  1. Have enjoyed your blog and find the rv lifestyle very interesting. Also living in upstate NY and use photography as well. When you have time visit my website and you see will under "projects" I have taken a World Tour of New York. www.billdelanney.com

    ReplyDelete