Tuesday, January 23, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 100

Tuesday, January 23, 2024 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 54 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

Not much better luck with rain today, although it didn't rain on my morning walk; just heavy clouds. By the time I finished breakfast and a bit of forum & journal reading, there was a steady light rain. I decided it was now or never for laundry (or going commando) so I packed up the laundry basket and headed to the Kofa Laundromat. Like two Mondays ago, the laundromat was busy. And, again like two Mondays ago, I had no problem getting three washing machines and two dryers when I needed them, but others after me ended waiting. As I emptied my washer, a woman stood next to me and as the last item came out her first went in!

I've been reading a new series by Kathleen O'Neal Gear - The Ice ..... Started with The Ice Lion, finished The Ice Ghost this afternoon, and am currently reading the Ice Orphan. Fast reads, particularly compared to the large "North American's Forgotten Past" People of the ... series by her & her husband W. Michael Gear. A great series of historic novels.

Around 3:00 the sun broke through although there are still plenty of clouds. I hope it starts drying things up. There are still huge puddles hiding muddy bottoms all over the park. One is wise to walk on the asphalt!

I'm lucky that my site is on gravel and grass so I can walk around the trailer & picnic table. In fact, I'll be firing up the grill to cook a Johnsonville Bedder Cheddar Brat and a salad for dinner (well, I won't be grilling the salad).

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment