Tuesday, January 30, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 107

Tuesday, January 30, 2024 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 61 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

55°F for my morning walk. It was a beautiful day, hitting 80°F by late afternoon, and again, cloudless. 

Since tomorrow is suppose to be cloudy & Thursday is a 55% chance of rain, I decided to take down the Clam today. No problem pulling the 6" nails (I had problems with the longer nail like tent pegs), and while it did take more than a minute to fold it up and tuck it back into the case, it is still a fast set up & down enclosure. All that is left outside is the outdoor rug, although it will take a good part of tomorrow and Thursday morning to get the insides of the trailer ready to move.

I headed to Parker a little after noon for a haircut and the last resupply from Safeway before heading to Quartzsite. Back at the trailer I headed for the showers to wash off the itchy hairs left after a haircut. Went to Building 6 for a change - still the second best shower in the park.

I spent the rest of the afternoon reading in the shade of the 5th wheel next to me, then in the shade in front of my trailer, and finally in my hooded chair. Even at 4:00 the sun was strong. I ran the AC set at 78°F all afternoon. Most of the time it switched off & on on low fan speed so it wasn't as loud as usual. I finished listening to Ruth Ware's The It Girl, but the reduced speed Verizon doesn't seem to be allowing me to download another audio book. The book is 290mb, and only half of it was downloaded in 4 hours. I did finish Chris Norgren Mystery Book #2 - A Glancing Light by Aaron Elkins, and started #1 in the series - A Deceptive Clarity. Probably should have read them in order, but it is BookBub's fault - they offered #2 at $1.99 and I like the author but had not read any of the 3 books in the series. #1 is a library loan, and #3 is on a hold.

Dinner was a microwaved Saffron Road Chicken Tikka Masala bowl. 

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment