Sunday, January 21, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 98

Sunday, January 21, 2024 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 52 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

Lots of light rain overnight. Not enough to fill any of the washes, but there are puddles everywhere, and any dirt is now mud. It stopped long enough for my morning walk, but intermittent bursts of light rain are still falling.

On my morning walk I saw a fiberglass trailer from Wisconsin with what looks like a wood stove arrive. They headed towards the dry camping area - I'll probably see them during tomorrow's morning walk since I alternate directions & will be heading that way.

By 2:00 the rain stopped, but still heavy cloud cover and 60°F. It never got much warmer. 

Around 3:00 I headed to building 12 for a shower. While a nicer shower, today is was the wrong choice. Only lukewarm water. Since there wasn't any sun warming up the building, the combination for cool watter & a cool building made for a short shower & fast drying. 

I got a text from some friends heading for Quartzsite looking for a stop over with hook ups. They are going to be in site "G" next door sometime this evening.

Other than that, not much going on. I finished Charles Todd's audio book The Cliff's Edge, and started Ruth Ware's The It Girl. It is a 17 hour book that I only have for 14 days - no problem if it was reading, but I don't know if I'll listen enough to get it done in time.

Dinner was left over chicken & mac & cheese.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment