Monday, January 15, 2024

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 92

Monday, January 15, 2024 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 46 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

My morning walk was cut short - as I passed a section of RVs, the River Septic truck was pumping out a trailer. I thought they were coming tomorrow, but they are making the rounds today. Now since there are no sewer connections at the La Paz County Park except for a few volunteer sites, you have two choices. Pack up the trailer enough to make the short run to the dump station or pay $32.00 for a pump out.

If I was the normal amount of unpacked for a 2-3 night stay, I'd pack up when the tanks were full & head for the dump station. Unfortunately, being in one place for 46 days leads to lots of stuff that would need to be packed for traveling, even a short distance. So, a pump out. Only takes about 10 minutes. I was the last since the sewer truck was full. He went and dumped (not here in the park) and came back for three more RVs here in the overflow area. 

I always wondered how they could use the pump built into the truck for emptying a RV tank; it provides enough suction that it would collapse a tank if the vent was blocked, something that often happens when the tanks are full. If you look closely at the photo, you can see a "stand pipe" that is "Teed" into the suction hose. The operator puts a hand over the open end of the "T" to control the amount of suction. It works - my tanks didn't collapse.

River Septic Doing a Pump Out

After lunch I finished my morning walk. Didn't even need a jacket - 70°F at 1:30, lots of sun; a beautiful day. Around 3:00 I switched to shorts & a "T" shirt, sat in the sun until baked, then moved to the shade. Still 71°F at 4:45 when I headed in for dinner.

Dinner was the other half of yesterday's Tillamook 3 Cheese Pizza.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment