Sunday, January 14, 2024

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 91

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 45 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

It is finally warming up. 45°F for my morning walk, and it hit 67°F during the afternoon. I finally finished Ragnar Jonasson's The Island audio book. It is a translation, and I have the feeling that audio translations don't work as well as those on paper, at least for me. It was slow going; not sure if it was the book or me since it was "Shortlisted for the Crime Novel of the Year Award in Iceland, Third Place Novel of the Year Award 2016 in Iceland, selected by booksellers One of the bestselling novels in Iceland in 2016." In any case, it went back to the NYPL, and I started listening to Charles Todd's The Cliff's Edge.

A quick shower, then my usual Sunday phone calls. The Guido's drove back from Vermont today. The storm was suppose to have cleared; it didn't - down to 22MPH on the NY Thruway & I 88. They made it home to Binghamton, where there was almost no snow. The same for Kyle in Oswego. 1' of snow in Watertown, 50 miles northeast, 3' 15 miles east of Watertown, and 1/4" in Oswego.

Around 3:00 in the afternoon I sat outside & took a few hummingbird photos (as usual, an Anna's Hummingbirds, although I think the first 2 are a male & the second two a female):





That was about it for the day. I did make a run to Walmart for some stuff I forgot yesterday. No lines, and I picked up a Tillamook 3 Cheese Pizza, half of which was dinner.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment