Sunday, January 7, 2024

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 84

Sunday, January 7, 2024 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 38 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

A warmer night than we have had lately, but it looks like some cold nights are on the way. My weather app still has us in the mid 50's as highs throughout next week, but many of the mornings are near freezing, with Tuesday & Friday at 30°F. 

A new huge class A with a large trailer moved in on the road side of my site. He is taking up two sites, but I am tired of trying to explain what the volunteers at the office should be explaining, so I kept my mouth shut. The only annoying thing is he is blocking my view of the California mountains. 

During my morning walk I stopped half way at the Black Pearl Restaurant at the Pirate's Den for breakfast. This time I had their Stuffed French Toast. Again, an excellent meal, fast service & good coffee. While more expensive at $20.00 with tip than most of the breakfasts I eat on my trips, the food is worth it.

Back at the trailer I added 5 more Fiberglass Rallies to the Rally Map, did some forum & journal reading, then more reading on my Kindle. The current book is Murder in the Hollows by Declan James. Not as well written as some of my more recent reads, but I suspect I'll finish it. 

I did make my usual Sunday phone calls. Upstate NY, both Binghamton where the Guidos live & my home town of Oswego where my son lives got between 6"-8" of heavy snow. Kyle tells me it is the first time he has to fire up the snowblower. Hope he appreciates the heated handles - it is 20°F in Oswego. 

Dinner was one of the saved bowls of chili along with a salad.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment