Friday, January 19, 2024

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 96

Friday, January 19, 2024 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 50 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

A warm night with a low of 52°F. Not a lot of sun during the day & it only got up to 72°F, but still 70°F at 5:30.

A water pipe broke somewhere that shut down the entire park system. They closed all the bathrooms, and suggested running the connection for a bit before re-hooking your RVs. It was off for most of the afternoon. I had a bit of water in the fresh water tank, enough to flush the toilet, etc but the indicator showed an empty tank - I was planning to fill it just before I left for Quartzsite.

Another project - sine Running Man gas station didn't have a working air station, I dug out my Viair compressor and topped off the trailer tires. Much slower than a gas station since I have one of the smaller compressors that will run on a 15 amp 12V receptacle. I've been meaning to add an Anderson 30 amp connector on the outside of the trailer for the compressor & anything else that needs 12V, but the only one I have is an input for my portable solar panel.

The rest of the day was reading & listening. I finished Nick Russel's Jackpot, and started In Praise of the Bees by Kristin Gleeson. The only problem with it is it is too close a story line to The Cliff's Edge by Charles Todd, the audio book I'm listening to. They take place centuries apart, but the characters are similar as is what is happening to them.

I decided to eat out tonight and went into Parker & the Crossroads Cafe. A family diner that has an American food menu. I had fish & chips; a bit greasy, but good, although their idea of crisp fries makes me really wonder how soggy their normal fries are. In any case, inexpensive, fast, and closer to the usual restaurants I frequent.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment