Friday, January 12, 2024

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 89

Friday, January 12, 2024 - La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, Day 43 - 0 Miles, 3,402.3 Miles for the trip 

Back to cold mornings at 34°F. I ate breakfast at the Black Pearl half way through my morning walk. The only inexpensive (at $9.00) breakfast item on the menu - 2 eggs, bacon & hash browns with sourdough toast. Add coffee, tax & tip and it is still an $18.00 meal.

After lunch I headed to the post office in Parker to mail my brother's birthday card, then a stop at Safeway on the way back to the park for resupplies. 

Back at the trailer I did some reading, still White River Burning on the iPad. Can't wait to get back to the Kindle. Paid some bills on line, and finally got through to the Physician's Care phone number to find out what I owed them. 

It has been over 3 months since I saw the last physician using their billing services, but the bills keep coming in from Physician's Care. They couldn't find that I owed anything even though I got a billing envelope in today's mail (in Oswego, NY) - it has to be one of the most messed up billing systems in existence. They do have an on line billing site, but the first thing they ask for is your account number - even before the bill amount, your name, etc. Since the account number changes with each bill, looking at an envelope using the USPS Informed Delivery email only lets you see the billing envelope, not what is inside. So, you need to call. You almost always get an answering machine asking the usual name, date of birth and a call back number. I have never, in many left messages, received a call back. So, you keep trying until someone answers. Most of the time, like today, they can't find the bill. Last year (a year I stayed home and got all my mail at the usual time and place) I had a $17.55 bill that I never received go to a collection agency. They were very nice about me paying them, and put no "dings" on my credit rating, and said it happens all the time. What a system!

My Escape owning next door neighbor is leaving tomorrow (she is heading to California but will be at Quartzsite for the fiberglass rally) so we went to dinner at the Black Pearl. Very different from breakfast. This morning I was the only person in the place other than the staff. Tonight there was a live (and loud) band, and it was full, in fact on the way out there was a line waiting at the entrance. I had halibut with asparagus, she had tuna steak & shrimp - expensive at $34.00 each, but so was everything on the dinner menu. Both were excellent.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment