Thursday, November 9, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 25

Thursday, November 9, 2023 - Fort Stockton RV Park, Fort Stockton, TX - 182 Miles, 2,446.3 Miles for the trip

While it didn't cool off overnight like yesterday, it did start to rain. A very light rain, in fact the only reason I could hear it was because the leaves over the trailer turned the heavy mist into drops. Still 63°F when I woke up at 6:30. When I actually got up at 8:00 it was 61°F, and by the time I left at 10:00, it was down to 59°F. 

The entire drive was on I 10. Traffic was fine, but there was light rain most of the way, just enough to run the intermittent windshield wipers at their lowest setting. Of course each time a truck passed I needed to kick them up to high. Since the speed limit was 80MPH and I was doing 65MPH, I was passed a lot.

I arrived at the Fort Stockton RV Park a little after 1:00. By the way, there is also a Fort Stockton Resort & RV Park a bit further into town. It is easy to mix them up, in fact a few years ago I made a reservation at the wrong one. I prefer this one, which is not a resort, although they do have breakfast & dinner at the Roadrunner Cafe in the park.

I'm in site 9, a full hookup pull through that is barely long enough for the truck to stay connected and, because of its location, allow the 30' power cord to reach the power pedestal. I'm just barely within the front of the site with plenty of room behind the trailer. The site is a mix of gravel & grass, and includes a picnic table. $45 per night. I needed to raise the trailer 1" side to side & the tongue by 2"; stayed hooked up. 

Site 9

I didn't do any sitting outside after setting up; still having light rain and it is down to 51°F. My weather app says down to 44°F overnight with a high tomorrow of 52°F. Looks like lots of in trailer time. 

There are two sets of bathrooms with showers, one standard Mens/Womans next to the pool, and a building with 4 individual (family) bathrooms with showers towards the back of the park. That one is closest to my site and looks to be OK. The laundry is next to the pool bathrooms; $1.50 to wash & $2.00 to dry. 

Dinner was the shrimp & catfish combo basket at the cafe. Needed a coat to get there - it is now 49°F and heavier rain...

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment