Tuesday, November 7, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 23

 Tuesday, November 7, 2023 - Pecan Valley RV Park, Junction, TX - 234.6 Miles, 2,264.3 Miles for the trip

Another early start, and long drive, at least for me. I hit the road at 9:00. Almost all of the trip was on 2 & 4 lane roads (TX 21 & US 290 with the final 20 miles on I 10), with lots of traffic going through Austin. I arrived at Pecan Valley RV Park around 2:00. Three RVs all arrived at the same time, and since they guide you to your site, a bit of a zoo. I'm in site 5, a full hookup pull through. I had to raise one side 3/4" and the tongue 3". A very friendly campground. For example, they provide leveling blocks at each site. They sell eggs, pecans (naturally) as well as candied pecans, a favorite of mine. We will settle up when I leave 2 days from now, so I don't know what the site cost is. I will be getting a vet discount from the regular $42.00 per night.

Site 5

It is hot. My under the trailer outside thermometer says 91.3°F, although my watch says it is only 84°F in Junction, TX, the nearest town. I fired up the AC as soon as I plugged in & the trailer is cooling down from 90°F. While my site in under a leafed out tree, the sun is now sneaking under it putting full sun on the passenger side of the trailer. The AC is doing well cooling down the trailer, but it is loud enough to completely blank out the radio, and make it uncomfortable to work inside. After getting this far in today's post I gave up and went outside to sit in the shade of the tree & let the AC make noise for itself. 

I did one loop around the campground, including checking out the goats, chickens & the North Liano River, which has more water in it than it did the last time I was here. A bit more sitting & reading, then it was time for dinner, which was the left over shrimp & noodles.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment