Friday, November 24, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 40

 Friday, November 24, 2023 - Blue Water RV Park, Parker, AZ, 206.3 Miles, 3,395.9 Miles for the trip

I got out of the Lost Dutchman State Park around 10:00. While traffic on I 10 was heavy, no more than usual going through the Phoenix area, and no stop & go. I arrived at the Blue Water RV Park around 2:00. Parker looks the same as it always has, with gas a bit cheaper than Quartzsite. Of course I was running low just west of Phoenix, so I paid $3.59 per gallon; it is $3.32 here in Parker at the Running Man Indian stations.

I'm in Site 90, a back in site on gravel with a good size concrete slab. 2" side to side adjustment and 1" drop on the tongue. Full hookups, but no picnic table. The management tells me one will arrive tomorrow. The park is fairly full with little room between spaces; I would not have been able to use the site if I had a large slide out. Cost is $33.57 per night at a 1 week rate. 

I tried to save the hummingbird feeder water since it was still 3/4 full. I put the feeder in the sink & propped it up. Unfortunately, not well enough - by the time I hit Parker it was on its side and drained. I made a new batch of sugar water, set it out behind the trailer, but so far, no takers.

One of the reasons the park is near full is there are boat races on the inlet of the Colorado River the park fronts on. Some photos of the races (unfortunately, I can't post the sound, but it is very much like a night at the Oswego Speedway):

Boat Races

Boat Races

Boat Races

There is an NPR station, KAWP, which is a relay of KAWC, the Yuma, AZ station. That is good since the cell connectivity isn't all that great. That is good since the cell connectivity isn't all that great. I couldn't get a connection on Verizon on the first try, and AT&T would not do a speed test. On a second try, still no speed test on Verizon, but it was fast enough to download my mail and let me upload the pictures for today's page (and the page as well), although the pictures are the real test. 

Around 4:30 I started two loads of laundry. $1.50 to wash, $.75 for the first 45 minutes for the dryers. I added a quarter to go to one hour.

Dinner was a Boston Market Sweet & Sour Chicken meal.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment