Monday, November 27, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 43

 Monday, November 27, 2023 - Blue Water RV Park, Parker, AZ, Day 4 - 0 Miles, 3,395.9 Miles for the trip

I managed to get a mile walk in before breakfast, then read journals & forums for a bit. Actually, I got plenty of exercise before the walk; I changed the sheets on the bed. Since there are walls on three sides of the full size bed, changing the sheets is a challenge, although not that much different than changing them in most fiberglass trailers. There is an advantage to a walk around bed offered in the new Escape 23! No, I'm not considering an up size.

I got a call back from Hungry Mother State Park to confirm (and, of course, pay for) 2 sites (me & the Guidos) for the fall fiberglass trailer rally. 

Around 11:30 I started a load of laundry. 

After the laundry was folded & stored away, I headed for the showers. While some of the reviews were not all that positive, I guess my standards are a bit more lenient. A small drying room with 8 hooks & a bench, a large shower stall with a raised lip to keep the drying area floor dry, a wire rack in the shower to hold your stuff & a standard showerhead and mixing valve shower handle. A little dark, but clean. My only complaints are it was a bit cool, either over active AC or left over from the cool night, and soft water that required lots of rinsing to make you feel like you were washed. Overall, an A-.

I sat outside trying to take a couple of hummingbird photos, but they didn't visit the feeder while I had the camera. I did catch a few photos of Gamble's Quails.

Gambol's Quail

Gambol's Quail

Dinner was a Stouffer's Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo meal, and Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia for dessert.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment