Saturday, November 4, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 20

 Saturday, November 4 , 2023 - South Toledo Bend State Park, Anacoco, LA , Day 2 - 0 Miles, 1,766.4 Miles for the trip

A warm night, although the electric heater did come on a couple of times. 50°F at sunrise, 55°F for my 8:45 walk around the campground. After breakfast I did some forum & journal reading, then moved outside once the temperature went above 65F. It topped off at 75°F late afternoon.

I headed for the showers around 2:30. A large shower with a very high (2' above my head) medium volume showerhead with adjustable temperature. No shelves in the shower, although the bench in the drying area is close enough to the shower that you can park your shampoo & soap dish on it. There is a shower curtain, although it is 6" above the floor. No lip between the shower floor & the drying area. but enough of a slope to the drainage that the drying area floor stays dry. Only one hook. Overall a B.

Back at the trailer I spent the rest of the afternoon sitting outside reading - Ellis Peter's Fallen into the Pit and listening to his The Pilgrim of Hate during my walk, one of the Brother Cadfael series. I usually avoid reading & listening to the same author at the same time, but the two books are so different that it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Dinner was a grilled Mahi-Mahi fillet, and almost the last of the green beans. a couple of spoonfuls of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia for dessert. Starting to have room in the freezer.

After dinner I made a trip around the campground with notebook to add to my yes & no campsites.  While making the loop I took a photo of the sunset over the lake:

Sunset

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment