Thursday, October 24, 2013

Rivers End Campground, Tybee Island, GA , Day 1

Tybee Island Lighthouse

Thursday, October 24, 2013, Rivers End Campground, Tybee Island, GA - 218.1 miles, 1707.7 For the Trip

I did take a couple of photos yesterday, and included one of the beach for those of you still in Oswego (WRVO, my hometown NPR station was predicting snow). A fairly long drive (for me) of 218 miles, mostly on US 17 Alt, and a bit of I95 & US 80 to Tybee Island. This is one of the places I've heard about, but never visited, so I thought I'd spend part of the weekend here. I'm in for two expensive ($52.10 per day with a Good Sam discount) days here. I walked down to the lighthouse and old Fort Screven to take a couple of photos. Some beautifully landscaped houses along the way, many of them rentals, but many lived in by islanders.

On the way back to the campground I passed a TV news team set up with a relay truck. It always makes me a bit nervous to see them in a residential area, but didn't hang around long enough to hear what they were reporting on. The rest of the photos on Today's LakeshoreImages Page.

Now I'm back in the campground sitting in my lawn chair typing this. It is still in the 60's at 7:00, but it is cooling off at night. This morning it was 47°F at Myrtle Beach. Hope it is a bit warmer here!

Until Tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. Wonder what the news was covering...I looked at your site, but nothing was given. Or I missed it. Happy trails.

    ReplyDelete