Saturday, October 26, 2013

Crooked River State Park, GA

Weird Treetop
Saturday, October 26, 2013, Crooked River State Park, GA - 139.1 miles, 1846.8 For the Trip

Well, as you can see (that is read) from the title of today's post, I'm not at Jekyll Island. I decided to skip it and save a visit for the next trip south. Instead, I stopped at Crooked River State Park, which is far more to my liking than Tybee Island. Even got to do laundry, and at $.75 per wash and dry, about the least expensive for any of my trips. Since the Verizon connection was a solid 4G, I decided to download and install Apples latest update of my operating system - 10.9 or Maverick. Discovered at least one problem - it seems to have dropped support for the Express Card slot, which I have been using with a Lexar Express Card Reader to move photos from the D700 Express card to the Mac. Good thing I also carry a Sandisk USB multi card reader - it worked fine.

Took a walk on Palmetto Trail, and photographed a strange tree topped by a limb larger than the one supporting it. I also got about 3/4s of the way along the trail & found a "Caution" tape across the trail. No explination why, so while I probably should have ducked under it and continued, I went back the way I came. Of course since it is a loop trail, if I had started at the other end I'd have run into the same tape after a much shorter hike! They have serious "cabins" here in the park. They are actually houses! Photo at today's LakeshoreImages Page.

Got back to the trailer around dinner time, cooked up some Kielbasa, more snap peas, and the rest of yesterday's potato salad. I do wish there was some way when purchasing snap peas to tell if they are stringless or not. Todays were, and it sure saves time stripping out the strings.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment